Thursday 1 December 2022

Story Calendar Day 1 - Western Isles Community Campfire

 


2022 has been Scotland's Year of Stories, and I've had a glorious year working with people all across Scotland to record, tell and share stories. As the year draws to a close, I thought a nice way to celebrate and share this, would be with a Story Calendar, sharing some of the digital stories, comics and books I've been involved with this year, alongside a few winter fictions of my own.

Each day I will also share an image from the Santa's Little Werewolves Christmas Comic Countdown Calendar, with art from Katherine Hemmings - so you're getting a story bonanza! If that somehow still isn't enough, you can also enjoy Magic Torch Comics 2022 Comic Calendar over on the rapidly collapsing twitter - The Christmas Martian, a cheery tale of alien technology and Victorian Class War.

On the blog, today's first story, is a selection of tales collected on the Western Isles during the Scottish Book Trust's Community Campfire. For one week, I stayed in a pod on North Uist, spending every day wandering around being told the most glorious stories - it was genuinely one of the best working weeks of my life. Here's a taste of some of the stories I was privileged to hear...